Collaboration is an important part of your team's workflow. Sympli allows you to share your projects with your teammates to help you achieve this goal.
When you share a project with a teammate, you can select what role to assign them.
By default we have the Designer role selected for any new collaborator. But... what can a Designer do?
Roles for collaborators
There are five collaborator roles:
- Viewer: This role allows a collaborator to only browse designs, see comments, see tags and linked Jira tickets.
- Commentator: A commentator can browse designs, see/add comments to them, see tags and see linked Jira tickets.
- Developer: A developer is able to see designs' specs, download assets, fonts, see changes in designs, see/create tags, see/add comments and see/link Jira tickets to the designs.
- Designer: A designer will be able to upload and delete designs from a project plus the developer capabilities.
- Power User: Granting a collaborator the power user role means that he/she will be able to manage project settings, upload/delete designs in the project, see/link Jira tickets to designs, add/delete collaborators and modify other users' roles.
Changing the role of a collaborator
To change a collaborator's role for a project, the Project Owner or a Power User needs to click on the "Share Project" button in the top right corner of the project's page and select the new role from the dropdown menu that appears next to each collaborator's name in the "Share with" tab.